15 things to do immediately after you are engaged !
BY The WMG Bride | 29 Dec, 2014 | 520 views | 3 min read
Woohoo ! He popped the question and you said yes (or well, his parents popped the question to yours and you said yes!) Congratulations! Now is the time to take a deep breath and really get used to that ring on your finger. Maybe you're not in a rush to get down the aisle, but regardless, there are some things you need to do immediately even if you don't plan to set the date yet.
- First things first, share the news with your extended family. Your grandmother should know it before some pesky neighbour who saw your Facebook update!
- Get a manicure! This is totally a girl thing but only girls know the importance of showing off that rock on your finger. Splurge on a manicure and enjoy everyone gazing at your sparkler.
- Perfect your proposal story. Since he went down on his knees for you, everyone would want to know the story. So perfect your proposal story and make everyone go ‘awwwww’ . A little sugar and spice on top never hurt anybody ;)
- Instagram the best 'Engagement ring' selfie ever . Hold a mug with your ring showing, make a shocked expression with your hand over your mouth or just a good old close up of your hand. We recommend using hashtag: #heputaringonit (LOL)
- Start your budgeting. Figure out what your parents are paying for and what you are paying for, and start that little piggybank to find that droolworthy lehenga you spotted on our bridal gallery
- Create a Pinterest account to start the official wedding board (finally!)
- Browse through Wedmegood.com to find a photographer for your pre-wedding shoot
- Enlist who your FABULOUS second in command will be- your sis, your bestie or someone else !!!! They will be throwing you your bridal shower, bachelorette and the works.
- A gleaming piece like that needs protection! Get your ring insured as soon as the dust settles
- If your wedding is just around the corner, then START PLANNING !
- Renew your passport !! Eeeek, if your passport is near expiry it can take upto 5 months for renewal and you DONT want that to be the reason you dont get your international holiday.
- Take a weekend away with your love before you dive into that crazy wedding planning exercise and enjoy your moment of bliss together
- Look for an unlimited mobile plan (if its an arranged marriage) : You need to get to know the life of this person people !
- Plan a 'lets the families meet each other' dinner so your Shaalu Maasi can meet his Amit maamu.
- Put your best hard-talk negotiation face on , because there is a TON of negotiation you will be doing. Panditji wants a morning wedding- you want an evening one, his parents want no sangeet, you want a bollywood blockbuster. Yep its going to happen! Just remember as long as him and you are one team , all shall be sorted !