3 Decor Themes to DIY under 10K : Moroccan, Bollywood and Vintage
BY The WMG Bride | 18 Sep, 2015 | 6409 views | 6 min read
Mehendi planning is a delight. It's not as traditional as your wedding so you can really go with fun ideas that no one has tried before. And what's more? If you don't have a wedding planner or have got one for just the wedding alone, then this is your time to get creative. DIY-ing your mehendi is a lark if you know how to do it in the cheap with minimal efforts that will soon lead to maximum love. You already know the DIY ideas we gave you last time on kitschy ideas, so now it's time to go with three new themes that we love - Moroccan, Parisian Vintage and Bollywood.
- 1 big wooden backdrop – (Your local carpenter can make this for you in 1500 Rs)
- Paint- (A big bucket of oil paint in white for 700 Rs)
- Metallic Jugs and Trays (Rent it or pick 10 of them from Chor Bazaar or the nearest mass market for 100 Rs each)
- Floating Tea Lights- Rs 359 for 100 at Flipkart.
- Bright Coloured Dupattas or cheap chiffon material (Pick multi coloured ones from Kapda Bazaar for 50-70 Rs a metre/ Borrow from your aunts!)
- Bright paper Lanterns (100 Rs each from Crawford or any local market, make sure you buy atleast 10-12)
- Cushions in bright colours: beg, borrow or bag it from a BFF. Ditto carpets.
- Hanging Bronze Lanterns: Shop at Shopclues for Rs.1200 each. Two are good enough.
Theme: Vintage Parisian
- Vintage Teacups (Borrow or buy off the local market in bulk at 50 Rs a piece)
- Pearl Strands (Fake obviously, 50 Rs a metre from a local jeweller)
- Old Trophy Cups (Borrow it from various friends)
- Roses and Baby Breaths (100 a dozen in bulk)
- 10-12 Blue Mason jars (60 Rs each for medium-sized mason jars)
- Two wooden ladders (450-500 Rs each)
- Mix Flowers (You can pick the brightest and cheapest one in bulk for 50-60 Rs a kg)
- Two Planks of wood and burlap strings (Get it from your local carpenter for 500 rs)
- 50-60 printed B/W photos of the bride, groom and family (Owned pictures)
- Lace Dollies (100 Pieces for 200 Rs)
- Bollywood Posters of movies and stars: (Buy them off Chor Bazaar at 200 Rs each or just get a printer to print them off the internet. Use that designer friend now!!)
- Diyas (Borrow all Diwali Diyas or buy them off the local store in bulk at 10-12 Rs per piece)
- Customised Cushion Covers with Bollywood posters(Just make a couple of them from excitinglives.com for 500 Rs each)
- Indian Lanterns/ Kandils (Rs 100 a piece)
- Handmade Place cards for Food: Get thick card paper in multiple colours and navy blue & black markers
- Marigold and Mango leaves: (Buy in bulk at local vendor at 60-80 Rs/kg)
- Wooden stands with 15’x15’ place cards (Rent them out at a vendor for 200 Rs each)
- Get a picture of Kajol and SRK in DDLJ and cut out their faces. Put your own nad your brides, for a gala time. ( Cost of printing and cut-out: Max 1000 Rs)