A Gorgeous Gurgaon Wedding With A Bride & Groom In Self-Designed Outfits!
BY Aakanksha | 21 May, 2019 | 1316 views | 3 min read
We won't lie, but it's always amazing to see brides who go that extra mile and design their outfits on their own. However, we seldom meet one that has not only designed her own wedding outfits, but also her husband's, and they look gorgeous. Their wedding was an intimate affair, a celebration of their love and chance meetings, and it was nothing short of beautiful. Photography by Sona Sachdeva Photography just added to the charm of this entire wedding!
Meet Garima & Arjun
Garima tells us how they met and a little about their love story, "We went to school together but never dated, as we moved out of India right after school. We kept in touch through social media, both returned back to India, years later coincidentally ran into each other one day and that was it."
From The Bride:
Small Sikh ceremony of only 300 guests. We kept it intimate and just wanted everyone to really enjoy themselves. The ceremony only took 25 minutes followed by a live jazz performance of classic Hindi numbers with a modern jazz twist performed by Nikhil and Natasha of Bollyjazz. Wedding theme had hints of pastel, coral and white. Our outfits were also light pink and mint green, coordinated to match the overall scheme. It was designed as a brunch sundowner. Our cocktail was a dinner party with seating charts, live violinist performance and dances by the bridal party. Also a small affair of 200 people only, it was simple and classy.
1. Sona Sachdeva (photographer) - punctual, great clicks, professional team
2. Makeup By Jasneet - simple, subtle makeup, professional, timely, good products
3. Adgarde Events (wedding planners) - fabulous work, looked after every minor detail, even arranged pagdi walas and color coordinated rumalas for our Sikh wedding guests, great experience and brilliant attention to detail
4. Radisson Udyog Vihar (cocktail venue) - worst experience, most unprofessional team, poor coordination, each member of the team had a different price list for beverages, we didn't know how much we were going to pay until a day before the event
5. Plush events (decor) - great job by Ruchika's team. We wanted to keep a rustic vibe on both days (night & day) - they did everything the planners suggested and asked for. Timely and cooperative
Vendors: Venue: The Palms Town & Country Club; Makeup Artist: Makeup by Jasneet ; Photographer: Sona Sachdeva Photography ; Wedding Decor: Plush | Events & Weddings (Ruchika); Wedding Planner: Adgarde Events ; Bridal Outfits: Self-designed; Mehendi Artist: Sethi Mehendi Hanuman Mandir; Groom's Outfits: Self designed