A Honeymoon Packing Checklist For Summer Honeymoons!
BY Apoorva Pagar | 26 Apr, 2018
The honeymoon is one of the most awaited as well as expensive trips you take. So we make sure that you are well prepared for it. Whether your destination venue will double as the scene of your honeymoon getaway, or you’re flying to somewhere halfway around the world, preparation for your journey is key. So, we’ve come up with basic and escape-worthy assortments for your honeymoon suitcase.
Image via Zero Gravity Photography
Let's first start off with the basics. Absolute basics so you don't need to make any list - this is your best bet to start your journey!
Absolute Essentials in Your Carry case: Handbag + Backpack
- A good wallet that can store all your passports, copies and more. We found Urby that's affordable and can monogram your wedding hashtag on it.
- Airline tickets (printed or on your phone)
- Phone chargers
- A tiny water bottle so it can fit anywhere.
- Wet wipes
- Passport, visas, driver's license; Identification
- Credit cards (take only those you'll need). Add a Starbucks card in - I got a free Macchiato with extra foam free after multiple trips in Madrid. Yeehaw!
- Hotel confirmations on phone
- Download these 4 apps for the important stuff: Google Translate, Uber, Airbnb are the basics. Tripit manages your itinerary. Spotted by Locals helps find new places from locals for you.
- Two sets of photocopies of all of the above, plus a photocopy of related medical and/or trip insurance coverage and prescriptions
- Phone numbers for your doctor, parents, boss and credit card companies (in case your cards are lost or stolen)
- Birth control and condoms
- ID tags for luggage
- Camera or in our case, Fuji Instax
- Headphone splitter if you guys wanna watch a movie together. Universal Travel Plug. Earphones with rhinestones just in case you're feeling like a Kardashian. Also, your powerbank.
- A small beauty bag ( Essentials will come in later in the story)
- Ziplock bags for packing wet swimsuits or underwear
The Bride's Packing List
- 1 pair jeans or pants
- leggings: In black & grey
- 1 light jacket and one heavy one ( tweak according to season)
- 1 nice pair of shorts
- 1 little black dress
- 4 T-shirts or tank tops
- 2 swimsuits
- 1 swimsuit cover-up
- 1 pair sneakers
- 1 pair of Heels ( for special nights)
- 1 pair flipflops
- 1 evening purse or clutch
- Extra socks
- Bras and sports bras
- Accessories like jewellery
- A backpack
- Comfy new-age panties from this great Indian brand called Tailor & Circus.
- 1 pair jeans
- 1 pair nice pocketed shorts like cargo shorts
- 1 light jacket
- 4 casual T-shirts
- 1 nice shirt
- 2 swimming trunks
- 1 pair sneakers
- 1 pair crocs
- 1 nice belt
- Extra socks and underwear
Other Essentials: Beauty + Grooming
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen (try something that's in solid form like the Faceshop Sunscreen and lip balm
- Aloe vera
- Lens lotion if you wear contacts
- Tampons and/or pads
- Travel-size toothpaste
- Makeup remover
- Cotton balls and swabs
- Hair oil/gel
- Nail file and/or clippers
- Shaving cream
- Makeup Bag
- Facemasks: Sheetmasks
Other Cute Essentials
Sleek, thin glasses are in. So Pipa & Bella has the right one in the store! Rs 1299
A chic straw hat will make for insta-worthy pictures. From Pipa Bella at Rs 1599.
A blue one from Label Life.
One Pair of Statement Earrings
From Ajio with a slight wedge for style! Rs 1399
What else do you need to pack to the beach girlies?