How To Create A Mehendi Set-Up Under 25K With DIYs!
BY Apoorva | 01 Sep, 2017 | 5546 views | 3 min read
Mehendi set ups are the most fun, experimental decor setups ever. But since it’s a small function, splurging on it can eat up into your budget. So if you are looking to adapt some crazy good themes to your own DIY Mehendi we told you how to do it.
Image via Aditya & Avantika's Real Wedding
While this elaborate setup would definitely be more expensive, you can recreate a feel of this at your home with a smaller, DIY element as follows.
Reference Image via Atisuto .
Theme – Tassels
What you need to get a somewhat similar look:
- Tassels – 20 pieces for Rs 500. Buy them on Amazon here. You will need around 200-240 to create the canopy so that’ll set you back by Rs 5000-6000. They can be easily made at home do. Here is a DIY tutorial
- Pillowcases – Rs 400 for 5 pieces of these bright pink cases. Buy them on Amazon here. You can get another colour too and have overall 10-15 pillows which will cost you about Rs 1200
- Trunks – Rs 5000 for 4 trunks (second hand shop or local market –spray paint them with whichever colour you like at home)
- Miscellaneous pieces – Plain bed sheets, rent for mattresses, pillows, string and flowers (Around Rs 3000)
What you need to do:
- If you are doing this in an open space, have your local carpenter do some wooden stands across the width of the place (two ends) – Approx cost should be Rs 5000
- Tie 6-8 lines of string/ twine from one end to the other and tie colourful tassels on it. (Make sure its strong enough to take the weight of the tassels)
- Place the painted trunks in between the seating areas.
- If you don’t want cots, you can also opt for plain baithak type mattresses across the space!
Image via Saurabh Photography
Theme – Bright Leheriya
Budget – Rs 21,000
What you need to get a similar look.:
- One swing set – Rent it for half a day for Rs 3000- 5000
- Leheriya Material – Approximately 20 metres for canopy and draping the swing (Around Rs 1200)
- Bright Lanterns – Around 10. Buy it off Amazon here for Rs 450 per 5 pieces.
- Pompoms – Around 100, for the entire place. Buy a pack of 50 for Rs 225 on Amazon here.
- Canopy framework – Local carpenter that should set you back by Rs 5000
- Miscellaneous pieces – Plain bed sheets, rent for mattresses/cots and pillows(Around Rs 8000)
What you need to do.
- Drape the leheriya material over the canopy framework like a tent and wrap the rest around the poles
- Wrap the swing set with the remaining material. Twist some of the material and create a diagonal ‘v’ just above where the bride is sitting
- Tie the bright lanterns and pompoms in the centre of the canopy. (Enlist some tall brothers here or ask the carpenters to help)
Want to know more DIY Budget Mehendi Decor Ideas? Check them out here!