Welcome in Style! Hamper Ideas for your Guest Rooms!
BY Sakshi | 10 Jul, 2016 | 2955 views | 4 min read
Even if it is a local wedding for you, fact is, that for a lot of your guests it might feel like a destination one, for they would have taken out time and spent a good amount of money to make it all the way for your big day! You might not be around personally to welcome them, but there are simple things you can do to really make them feel welcome! One way to do that is to place welcome hampers in their rooms which can come in handy and make them smile! Make sure the hamper is something which is useful, but fun and personal at the same time! The best part is, this can be customised to suit your budget and style!
Photo Courtesy: Design DimensionsBaskets, Bags or Boxes? While baskets and boxes look super adorable they are preferable for local weddings as they are not things that a lot of guests could carry back, especially if they're travelling by air. So a cute or customised tote or beach bag is something we'd recommend for a destination wedding, which can be folded and taken back and can be put to good use later. You can get your wedding motif or something fun inked on it which will make it personal yet usable! Make sure to place it in a way that it's the first thing they see when they enter their rooms to feel warm and comfy! Basic welcome hamper for Destination Weddings There are just so many things your guests will need, especially if it is a destination wedding! Here's basic stuff you should include in it...
- A programme booklet of the wedding with events and times mentioned. You can get as pretty and creative with these as you want!
- Make sure to include a hotel map, so they can use the facilities (esp if it is a big property), local map of the city, sightseeing options and info like good restaurants or spas around for their down time. Make sure the recommendations have a personalised feel rather than just getting them off the net.
- Throw in some alcohol miniatures and munchies like chocolates, granola bars, snacks and candies for fun!
- If you are not putting up your guests at a hotel, but some other accommodation like say a service apartment, then you might have to stock up on certain essentials like toiletries and towels.
- Make sure to assign someone as 'Wedding Contact' for people to approach (wedding planner, sister, BFF). You can get cute little visiting cards printed!
- For a beach wedding/ hotel with a pool, you can also add a beach towel and sunscreen to the welcome hamper. Also add some basics like a first aid, sanitizer etc etc.
- Popular local stuff. A memento to take back or something to eat which is popular locally. Say Mysore Pak for a Bangalore wedding or seashells for a Goa wedding or fridge magnets for a wedding abroad. For an NRI wedding, adding something 'Indian' for the guests to take back is something they'll remember forever!
- Add some stuff which both of you are fond of and connects you as a couple. Something quirky and fun that shows them who you are as a couple. Your favourite bottle of wine, scented candles, an exotic tea, macaroons or cookies you love, or maybe miniature bottles of your signature scents!
- While sky is the limit for the creative things you can do with the hamper, a cute idea we spotted is to get chalkboard coffee mugs or mason jars and write your names or monograms on it.. the guests can simply erase and reuse them later!
- A good idea we spotted was to give a disposable camera in every room 's hamper for the guests to capture your wedding forever!
- A Hangover Kit comes handy for those crazy nights, especially after the cocktail party! You can get creative and get a cute customised box or pouch for it!
Photo Courtesy: Design Tuk TukDon't forget: A Welcome Note Whether it's a local or destination wedding, make sure to put a personalised welcome note in the hamper which thanks your guests for taking out time for you. A handwritten note has its own magic, but printed will also do! You can get creative and do it on vintage parchment paper, a message in a bottle or maybe even a postcard in case of a destination wedding! Love the ideas? Here are some WMG-recommended vendors who can help you out with different elements in the guest hampers! Entwine , Pune Wild Earth , Mumbai Miam , Delhi/NCR Oye Happy , Bangalore/ Hyderabad CherryTin , Chennai For more ideas on what to give in your hamper, go here.