What To Pack In Your Bridal Emergency Kit? We Got A List!
BY Latha Sunadh | 07 Oct, 2016 | 676 views | 3 min read
While we hope you don't have any emergencies on your day, it's always better to be safe than sorry. No matter how much you plan and how detailed your day-of itinerary gets, wedding day hiccups are bound to happen. We've come up with a list of all those just-in-case items to make sure your dream wedding goes off without a hitch. Your best friend or sister should stash it in a safe but easy-to-access place during the wedding!
Image Source: Pinterest and Dream State Etsy Shop
- Mini sewing kit with scissors, needles, thread, buttons, and safety pins: For those “make it work” moments.
- Tweezers -From stray hairs to splinters, you never know when you’ll need these nimble helpers.
- Mirror - For obvious reasons!
- Hand Sanitizer-Clean hands are a necessity when you meeting hundreds of people in one day!
- Mini Makeup Bag- Lipstick that the bride is wearing for touch-ups, compact or loose powder, eyeliner and blush.
- Bottle of water & Granola bars or other easy-to-carry snacks - Nobody wants a hun-angry bride on their hands!
- Baby powder - Hot summer days, crowded prep rooms, and nerves can all lead to sweat. A little moisture-absorbing baby powder will help the bride feel fresh as a daisy.
- Extra undergarments - Just in case the bra you are wearing decides to act funny that day!
- Q-tips & makeup remover - Eyeliner mistakes happen. But they don’t have to stick around.
- Blotting papers - For absorbing shine and oil, not your fancy makeup.
- Tampons/panty liners - Even if you don’t need one, someone else will.
- Nail polish (one clear top coat; one in the shade you’re wearing) and a nail file.
- Tissues - For those happy tears (and any accidental eye pokes with mascara wands).
- Mini First Aid Kit with Band-Aids, burn relief, liquid bandages, and antiseptic: Safety first!
- Medicine Kit- Include a pain reliever, allergy medicine, if any and antacid
- Wet and Dry Tissues - For freshening up on the go.
- Deodorant and Perfume - Smelling good is never an option on your D-day!
- Razor - For those spots which your salon missed out and you dint spot it until the last moment!
- Straws - So the bride can stay hydrated without messing up her lipstick.
- Super Glue - For fixing shoes, nails, jewelry, head pieces, and more.
- Breath mints - You are going to talk and greet hundreds of people, you should be minty fresh!
- Double sided tape - From bras to mathapathas, it can be useful anytime!
- Cash -Just in case of an emergency
- Dental floss/toothpicks - Just in case those snacks in the bridal suite try to overstay their welcome.
- Eye drops - Don’t let red eyes ruin your beauty prep! (Side note: if the bride wears contacts, make sure she brings an extra pair, contact solution, and a case.)
- Power Bank and Charger - The bride is stuck in the makeup chair, her phone’s about to die, but she needs to call the caterer. Suddenly, you’re a lifesaver.
- Lotion -For taming dry patches and flyaways.
- Extra earring backs -You never know when those little guys will go missing.
- Hair elastics, safety pins and bobby pins - You can never have too many on-hand (Add hairspray and a comb/brush while you’re at it.)
- Alcohol -When all else fails, a little liquid courage is the ultimate backup. Have a mini wine bottle or a miniature shot of vodka or tequila!