The Ultimate Wedding Day Checklist for the Indian Bride
BY The WMG Bride | 18 Jul, 2023 | 69750 views | 4 min read
Indian weddings are not merely ceremonies but grand celebrations, filled with joyous moments and unforgettable memories, every bride dreams of a flawless wedding day. It’s a day where you wish that you looked like the picture of grace and beauty and everything in the background ran smoothly. However, there are endless things that you have to take care of especially on the day of the wedding, so we decided to make things simpler for you. We’ve created the ultimate wedding day checklist for Indian brides that will ensure that your special day is nothing short of extraordinary.
Image via Shaadi Squad
The Night Before/7 Hours Prior To The Event:
Image via Shilpa and Avinash
- Confirm with your MUA, hair stylist and photographer about the next day's arrival time and location. They may leave early morning and you may be asleep so check if they have all location details.
- Final outfit check. Check if you have your saree petticoat or all the jewellery if you are not at home. That way in the morning, someone can get it from home, if you inform them now!
- Check with your hairstylist if she wants you to wash your hair or no. That way you can wake up on time to wash!
- If you are checking into a hotel after your wedding, have another bag ready to go with all your clothes and essentials.
- Pop in all your supplements that you need or pop a multivitamin to stay energised the next day.
- Apply all your skincare and sleep!
The Morning Of The Event/4 Hours Prior:
Image via Leera and Karan
- Play some music in the room that you will be getting ready. This is THE day – enjoy it!
- Ensure photographer starts shooting 1 hour into hair and makeup for BTS shots.
- Have a friend or sister get ready before you are ready, so they are available to help you.
- Assign a trusted family member/friend to look after the jewellery before you wear it. There are going to be a lot of people in and out of your room, so ensure it is in safe hands.
- Do not keep checking your phone or calling people. Assign people to check on things and you enjoy the moment.
- If you are getting ready at home or away from the venue, have a friend or someone in the family pick you up by car once you are ready. That way you don’t have to worry about cabs and all and you will reach the venue on time.
- Carry a bridal kit with you to the venue. It should have essentials like safety pins, needle and thread, makeup touch-up items, pain relievers, and band-aids. Maybe some chocolate too!
- Once you realise that you are 1 hour away from getting ready, check with the groom on where he is and his estimated time of arrival.
Image via Knotting Bells
- Do not allow chachis and random relatives to come inside your getting ready room. Everyone will give their opinions plus waste time talking. Restrict the number of people coming in and you will thank us later!
- Have a sandwich or roll before the final touches of makeup and outfit happen. Do not go empty stomach. Pop an antacid if you feel queasy.
- Carry a pair of your regular heels that you have worn before and are comfortable in. In case your new wedding shoes start hurting, you can switch!
- Go to the loo before you wear your lehenga or saree draping begins.
- Wear your heels before they drape the saree, that way it doesn’t look short.
- If you feel the blouse is too low or the jewellery is moving, ask your MUA if they have any body tape to help you out.
- Give yourself 30-40 minutes of buffer time before you leave or go down to the main venue. This way you have some time for bridal portraits as well as any last minute changes/adjustments.
- And go get married now!
Want to know of other wedding checklists? Check these out!
*Updated by Apoorva Pagar