Where to buy Bridal Lehengas in Mumbai: Real Brides Reveal !
BY The WMG Bride | 11 May, 2014
Real brides are our ears and mouth at WMG, so we asked some local Mumbai girls to help us put this list together of the best places in Mumbai to hunt for bridal lehengas. Any other places you guys know of- please comment in the section below and let us know!
High End Designers
- Anita Dongre: Anita has just one flagship store for bridal wear in the whole of India (which is so unfair) and it is in Phoenix Mills, Mumbai. For girls who love bright pops of color and gota patti, Anita is perfect. Infact, Real bride Laurie wore this on her wedding ! Given that she is one of the top designers of India, her bridal line is actually not exorbitant and some of the lighter outfits are infact super affordable ! See her Anita Dongre
Real Bride Ruta's hot pink lehenga was from Jade. Price: Almost 2 lakh . Photo byInto Candid Photography
- Jade: Jade is another name thats exclusive to Mumbai- their aesthetic is more modern, and edgy. Traditional wear with a more modern twist. Their layered anarkalis and bridal lehengas are super popular. See some of their lighter Jade by Monica and Karishma
Real bride shereen (coming soon) got her stunningly beautiful pastel lehenga from Anamika Khanna. Photo by here
- Sabysasachi , Manish Malhotra , Anamika Khanna stores along with Multi Designer Boutiques like Aza, Atosa, Ensembe ,Samsaara etc
- SVA by Sonam and Paras Modi: If you are paying the designers a visit, do also check out SVA by Sonam and Paras Modi. They have some very interesting anarkalis and jacketed outfits for your sangeet and some pretty sarees in a range of colors to suit every age and style ! See theirSVA by Sonam and Paras
- Dolly J : A local Delhi favourite, Dolly J is now available at Bandra ! We absolutely LOVE her engagement outfits and lighter lehengas along with sarees for your mum or for your reception See theirDolly J Bridal Collection
Smaller Boutiques and Designers
Pic courtesy Bridal Asia
-Tamanna Punjabi Kapoor : If your aesthetic is soft colors and tones then you will LOVE Tamanna Punjabi Kapoors quietly glimmering outfits. Pastel lehengas, shararas and beautiful anarkalis with soft gota patti . Prices start at about 50K onwards and bridal lehengas will cost you between 1-2 lakh. See more from her here
Shruti Sheths line includes some gorgeous sorbet colors
-Shruti Sheth: Mix of traditional and modern, with some absolutely yummy colors- Shruti's store is a definite must visit in Mumbai. Lots of sorbet colors, along with rich raw silks and soft fabrics that look luxurious . You can view her collection here
- Chamee & Palak: One of the more affordable names in Mumbai, and ones that customise to fit your needs and budget. We love their lighter floral printed lehengas as well as a range of other brightly colored outfits with really neat and detailed embroidery. See their contact details and collection here
Saan.she's bridal line has lighter, vibrant lehengas
- Saan.she: Another more affordable designer with light, bright lehengas that would be perfect for your sangeet/ mehendi cocktail! Pay them a visit if you are in town. Will try and get them on our gallery soon!
Lehenga by Little black bow. Their sarees retail for approx 30k, with lehengas a bit more!
- The Little Black Bow : Little Black bow may not have bridal lehengas per se but for more modern brides who want a lovely saree, or a different lehenga with a more english vintage touch you may want to take a peek. See their The Little Black Bow
Non Designer Boutiques
- Benzer :One of the oldest running shops around, Benzer has kept up with the times and has a lovely collection at afforable prices. If you want pastel sangeet lehengas or heavy bridal ones this should be on your list. See more from themBenzer
Aditi's reception lehenga from Sushma Sarees. Price: 1.5 approx
- Sushma Sarees: A store that sells a lot of "inspired" pieces , and one that is a local favourite amongst many girls. That is Real bride aditi who bought her reception lehenga from Sushma Sarees.
Real Bride Suruchi got her pretty white lehenga with soft bronze detailing from Kalki. Photo by Payal Kumar. kalkis lehengas range anywhere from approx 45000 to 1.5 Lakhs
- Kalki Couture: Another local store with a lot of variety. Sift through the riff raff and be patient to find your gem. They also have an online store which retails the stuff and ships worlwide so you may want to check them out, but our reader Sanya recommends that the stock in store is much better anyway.
- Jiya by Veer Design : A newer store, but if you are on a budget you can score some interesting finds for approx 50K. See more from Jiya by Veer Design Studio
- Roop Kala , Marine Lines : Thanks to Ankita for writing in suggesting this. Roopkala in MArine lines is your regular local store with a lot of variety and a must visit for budget brides
- Ritu Shekhsariya: Thanks to Parul for recommending her. She meets by appointment only, but apparently has a nice collection of not just lehengas but also sarees!
- Looking for a Makeup Artist in Mumbai: Makeup Artists in Mumbai
- Looking for a candid Photographer in mumbai: Photographers in Mumbai
Find vendors to plan your wedding on the go, Download the WedMeGood app now.