Where to buy Bridal Lehengas in Ahmedabad : With Photos & Info !
BY The WMG Bride | 21 May, 2014
Our readers are kind of like our "Local Genies". They scout for the hottest stores in their city, that unheard of makeup artist who is doing a great job or that photographer who only the locals know and then send in their little tips to us. Our local genie for Ahmedabad is Mily - who put together this FANTASTIC article about where to buy bridal lehengas in that city ! I had NO idea Ahmedabad has so much to offer- some of these pieces look absolutely gorgeous !
Mily : "Ahmedabad is a city of craft. It is a city where you will find stunning Sabysasachi creations, right alongside Sabyasachi inspired creations. And while most of the WMG readers might be from Mumbai, Delhi and the like, I am sure there must be a few hapless girls from Ahmedabad who come to WMG looking for something which they can find in their own city. So here is presenting the ultimate bridal guide for Ahmedabad!
High end designers:-
1) Élan Couture: - it stocks Sabyasachi: D When I came across this piece of info, I just couldn’t believe my ears. It is a multi-designer store stocking Sabyasachi, Nikasha, and other designers. They also get you any design from the designer which is not available at their store. This store is listed in the official stores on Sabyasachi website! Address: Élan The Fashion Store, Hill Plaza, Opposite Sears Tower Gulbai Tekra, Ellisbridge , Ahmedabad - 380015
2) The Wardrobe Theorem: - Another Multi designer store stocking Anamika Khanna, Rohit Bal, Nidhi Tholia, Babita Malkani, Vivek Kuma, Anupama Dayal, Kashvi Shah, Kiran-Meghna, Dolly J and Hemant -Nandita. Address: Shree Balaji Paragon, Nr. Hotel Rock Regency, Chimanlal Girdharlal Rd, Ellisbridge, Ahmedabad.
3) Avakasa:- Multi- designer collective store featuring Manish Arora, Jaya Misra, Soumitra Mondal , Sougat Paul ,Rimi Nayak, Myra lucknow, Zari Gotta Jaipur ,Risso , Garo , and many more. Avakasa also houses exclusive designer jewellery from Outhouse, luxury couture bags by Meera Mahadevia and handcrafted designer footwear . Address-18, Samkeet Bunglows, BH The Grand Bhagwati, Athithi Restaurant Lane ,Opp. Jupiter Tower, Off S.G. Highway, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad
4) Shyamal & Bhumika:- If you are looking out for some stunning Maharaja and maharani Kind Bridal Wear, this Duo is hands down the best bridal designers. They are very famous and have an exclusive store just in Ahmedabad. Address: 1, Aashkha (ground floor), Next to H.C.G (Medisurge) hospital, Mithakali, Ahmedabad.
Medium range Bridal Wear stores:-
Both above are from DSBT (Darshi Shah & Bhavin Trivedi)
1) Darshi Shah & Bhavin Trivedi: - Another Designer duo from Ahmedabad. They make stunning Wedding lehengas and sarees. Their Lehengas start from 30000 and go up. Address:- 12B, Judges Bungalows Road, Mahavir Nagar society, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
2) Asopalav: This store has really beautiful anarkalis, Lehengas and Sarees in all ranges possible. It can be called a “as good as designer” store but without labels. The Lehengas start form 5000 and go up to 100000. They have gorgeous bridal wear in almost every range from 15000 to 100000. Address:- Asopalav House, 132 Ft, Ring Road, Satellite, Ahmedabad
3.) Anoli Shah: A local Ahmedabad designer who has managed to make her name on the global scene, Anoli Shah's studio is full of yum colors, and beautiful, interesting silhouettes. A definite must visit on your trip to Ahmedabad
4) Shakuntal Haat:- A bride should feel like a maharani on her wedding day and this store makes you feel just that! They are famous for their rajwadi Jacket Lehengas and other Rajwadi era bridal lehengas. Shop No : 24, Shangrilla Arcade, Near Shyamal Cross Road, 100 Feet Rd, Satellite, Shyamal, Ahmedabad,
3) Aishwarya design studios- This is a store with pan India presence and has lehengas starting from 9000 to 150000. They have beautiful sarees, lehengas and other bridal collections and price wise has a wide range to suit everybody. Address: - Aishwarya House, Iskcon Circle, S.G.Highway, Ahmedabad.
4) Vasansi Jaipur Saree Kendra: - this shop is like a candy land for brides. You will the most colorful and stunning sarees, lehengas and skirts here. The sarees are utterly gorgeous with the most stunning work. Address:- Platinum plaza, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad.
5) Paras:- It is a store with a pretty good collection of lehengas, anarkalis and sarees. The good thing about these stores is that they have all types and ranges of bridal wear. Address: Paras Saree Sadan, Platinum Plaza, Judges Bungalow Road, Bodakdev, Ahmedabad.
6) Deepkala silk Heritage: - A must visit store for silk sarees and the traditional Gujarati red & white panetar sarees. Address : Deepkala House, Near Municipal Market, Chimanlal Girdharlal Rd, Mithakali, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad,
7) Nalli: - It is the very famous south Indian chain of silk sarees and other chanderi cotton and chiffon sarees. A permanent destination in the itinerary of south Indian brides. Address: Abhinav Arcade (Next to Kothawala Flats), Ashram Road, Pritam Nagar, Ellis Bridge
8) Bandhej: - Being in Gujarat and not buying bandhani sarees is a crime. For the finest and the most gorgeous bandhani sarees, head over to Bandhej. Address:- Shreekrishna Centre, Navrangpura.
9) Shibori: - For readymade blouses for every occasion, head over to shibori. In case of an emergency where blouses don’t fit properly or give way, this is the best solution. They have gorgeous maharani blouses which are half sewn. Address: - Alpha one mall, Ahmedabad.
This finishes our readymade section. What about those brides who liked a stunning designer bridal piece but it is too expensive for their budget?? These two shops will give you every single thing you will need to DIY those lehengas or anarkalis. You have to get the exact materials and borders and latkans and everything and just find a right tailor for it.
Anurag: It is the Mecca for fabrics. Everything from embroidered nets to organza to silks to zari, this shop will make you dizzy. I have even seen the exact material out of which Deepika’s blouses were made in Ram leela. It is situated at CG road.
Anuroop: - While that is the Mecca, this is the 4 dhaam for you. Apart from all the fabrics, this store has the most gorgeous borders you will ever find. It is also at CG road. All the designers and NIFT & NID students shop for their fabrics and borders from here.
For the street market lovers, there is old city. An area called kalupur which has a chunni market. Every material, every border, every work and every button and latkans, you will find here in pennies. If I have to give you an example, I bought a fuchsia raw silk in new city for 650 a meter and I found the same fuchsia raw silk for 120 a meter in kalupur so you can get the idea! It is a chaotic place and there are a 1000 shops crammed into a small area. So please don’t go there if you are expecting AC shops and personal salesmen. You yourself have to ask for specific fabrics and they will give you. And don’t go there alone if you are new to the city. Take someone with you who is a local! Once you are there with a local, it is a whole khazana of bridal goodness!
I hope these sums up Ahmedabad in terms of all things bridal!
Find vendors to plan your wedding on the go, Download the WedMeGood app now.