7 Destination Wedding Hacks No One Else will tell you about
BY The WMG Bride | 23 Dec, 2015
Whether you are throwing a destination wedding or attending one, these smart little hacks will ensure you have a smooth journey !
Photo by Robin Saini Photography
- Book Air India if available: Here is the logic- Air India allows for upto 25 kg per bag while other airlines allow only 15 (while travelling domestic), and trust us you will definitely be overlimit if you are the immediate family travelling (We mean seriously, airlines need to get with the times and have a 'bride special' allowance). Booking Air India is the smart thing to do, and you will realise it later
- Invest in a portable garment steamer: Cost to steam iron 1 outfit - 400 Rs, and after your outfits are crumpled into your suitcase, you will probably need to get them steam ironed. Purchasing a portable garment steamer from Philips costs just 5000 Rs and is way smarter - this works great on softer fabrics so you can leave the professional steam iron to only heavy-duty outfits and have something at home for those ironing emergencies.
- Carry a ziplock bag to the pool party: If you are getting married in a gorgeous location, chances are there will be a pool party, and while you look pretty and click selfies - that cute guy who has had a little bit to drink will wait to dunk you into the pool. Ensure your phone is in a ziplock bag at all times and avoid tech glitches with it
- Check if the hotel rooms have a safe : Whether you are the host or the guest, having hotel rooms which have a safe is a VERY important criteria while having a destination wedding. Nobody feels comfortable letting their baubles lie around the hotel room without a proper safe/ locker system
- Account for dance practice rooms and parlour rooms: Whether it's a friend room, or an extra board room/ meeting room- you will need to allot one room for each side to practice for Sangeet night, and one room where the parlour lady for the family sets up her stuff
- Carry Portable Speakers : This is important because of two things. First of, you will need it in dance practices, and secondly there will always be impromptu parties and get-togethers in friends rooms in destination weddings. Carry portable speakers to amp up the fun.
- Wheel chair friendly venues ensure your grandparents have a good time: Don't forget to check whether your venue is wheel chair friendly specially if you have elderly people attending your events