#BrideBeautyGuide: 10 Tricks To Combat Dark Circles Before The Wedding Day
BY Apoorva | 14 Oct, 2016 | 5134 views | 4 min read
Girls with panda eyes - we hear ya ladies. . Specially after a night of heavy duty makeup, drinking and dancing - trust us your dark circles will be staring back at you on your wedding day. Dark circles are the bane of any bridal beauty worries. But worry not; we researched the best tips on how to minimize discoloration, just for you!
- Almond Oil- Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Lightly massage little almond oil under your eyes daily before going to bed and rinse in the morning.
- Sleep on a high pillow: After a night of dancing, when your head hits the bed, make sure the pillow on which your head rests is high. The logic- this prevent fluid to pool under your eyes thereby minimising dark circles
- Cucumber - Cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties that help fix those raccoon eyes naturally. Mix cucumber juice with lemon juice in equal amounts. Use a cotton ball to apply the mixture on the affected skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- Orange Magic- Mix the 1 teaspoon of orange juice and few drops glycerine, and apply this mixture on the dark circles. Let the mixture stay on for 10 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
- Raw Potato - There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid of puffiness around the eyes. Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your eyelids well with cool water
- Rose Water- This Gulab jal is actually miraculous. Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water and place them on your eyelids for 15 mins , twice a week.
- Tomato - Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent. Drink a glass of tomato juice with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For maximum results, be sure to drink this juice immediately after making it. Drink it once or twice a day for about a week.
- Tea Bags- Don’t throw that used green tea bag! Freeze it in the refrigerator and place them over your eyes for about 15 minutes, after which you can wash your face.
- Milk & Nutmeg- Take two teaspoons of nutmeg powder and mix enough milk to make a paste. Apply this paste over your dark circles and keep it overnight. Rise in the morning and voila, they will be gone.
- Treatments – Chemical peeling, Intense Pulsed Light Treatment and Laser treatments can also be used to treat dark circles before you big day.
- Makeup- Concealer is not enough girls. You need to buy an orange corrector (Mac has a great one) and a concealer as well. First apply the corrector to where your face is discolored or darkest. Now apply a concealer (Kryolan FS 28, Mac Mineralize Concealer , Bobbi brown concealer) over it for the best results.
Apart from these remedies and tips, here are a few ways that you can avoid and reduce those ghosts below your eyes!
- Get a lot of sleep and take a break from long hours on the computer.
- Put down that champagne. Too much alcohol dehydrates your system making your eyes puffy
- Gentle cleansers. Harsh ones can dry out the delicate area around your eyes.
- Use an eye cream at night regularly
- Get a blood test done. Many times, dark circles are due to less iron content which needs change in diet than beauty products.