Make it Happen: Flying Paper Lanterns on your Wedding
BY The WMG Bride | 29 Sep, 2014 | 640 views | 2 min read
What's common between an Indian wedding and UFO's ? Well...as of recently, they both involve, shiney, brightly lit flying objects in the sky. We are ofcourse talking about one of the hottest trends of 2014 (and one of our personal favourite ones as well) : The Flying Paper Lanterns What is it: Well, you buy a bunch of paper lanterns (we shall give you a list of places below). Then on your reception, or maybe after your sangeet is done have your guests come together, light them up and release a whole bunch of these into the night sky. Its a calm, magical effect when you see dozens of these twinkling in the sky and given the Asian tradition of these taking away your worries, think of it like a spiritual experience after the wedding. We have seen this happen when the feras are happening, when the jaimala happens, or just after all the festivities like we did in Rupali and Niravs wedding
Rupali and Nirav released paper lanterns into the sky .How to organise it
- Buy a bunch of paper Lanterns from shops like the ones mentioned below
- On the day you want to fly them, make sure there are lighters or match sticks around.
- You can see a youtube instruction video here about how to fly these things.
- Make sure you teach atleast 5 members in your family how to fly these who can act as instructors to the rest of your close family on the day
- Fly them on a special moment, but keep in mind that these are illegal to fly within 5 kilometers from any airport and that your venue may not allow them'
- They also come in all sizes, so get the smaller ones as those are easier to manage
- Tell people to make a wish as they release theirs in the sky
- Flying lanterns are a fire hazard ! This means, if you have a venue where there are a lot of trees , electrical wires and objects around, don't fly these- they go to 2000 feet and can make something catch fire easily if not handled well
- As mentioned above, these are illegal to fly near an airport
- Nothing really.24 flying lanterns come for around 2000 Rs or cheaper
- Buy them online from celebrationideas.in , amazon.in , and indiaskylanterns.com