4 Uber Fun Decor Ideas for Your Mehendi !
BY The WMG Bride | 14 Apr, 2014 | 1100 views | 3 min read
#1 The "Vehicle Trend" on your Mehendi EventProbably our most favourite mehendi decor trend is having a truck for your bar !!! SO SUPER fun, the truck adds that perfect amount of kitsch and pizazz to your wedding and its something that will be talked about. Executed by: This was done by a decorator on our dream team-Silhouette The Rickshaw is another popular vehicle doing the rounds of mehendi events !! Dress it up in yellow and orange and circle your venue with your husband!! Makes a great photo op as well!!! Executed by: This too has been done by SIlhouette Another truck we spotted. Decor Executed by: Another one of our favourite decorators on our dream team- Wedding Commitments
#2 The "Pamper Me" Cushions Decor Trend
Seriously, this decor idea is a MUST do for every self obsessed bride (which basically means every Indian bride ever born).
The "Pari Hoon Mein" cushion - just incase anyone had a doubt you know?
The "Maa Ki Laadli" cushion- or switch it up with "Daddys Little Princess"
SO CUTE. Both of the above have been executed by WMG Dream Teamer- Wedding Commitments
#3. The "Parandis and Jhoolas" to form a flea market decor trend
Turn your mehendi into a full on flea market with Parandis hanging from trees, a wooden jhoolars and fun little games (a real wedding with the most fun mehendi ever is coming up). Photo by Phototantra
Decor Executed by: This is done by another WMG Dream Team Decor Member- Elements
#4. The "Upside Down Umbrellas" Decor Trend
Who knew umbrellas could be a fun decor accessory? Change up the white with pops of neon and have them hung from your ceiling for an uber cute, fun , mehendi decor idea.
Executed by: WMG Dream Team member- Eventalya
Do it Yourself Mehendi Decor:
- Get mirror work dupattas from Jaipur and have them strung across your space for a quick and effortless DIY
- Silk sarees interspersed with fairy lights is not only a gorgeous DIY Decor idea for your mehendi but almost looks like a pro has done it !
- Use Bangles and string them together as hangings descended from the ceiling- tell your friends to pick off whichever bunch they like
- Get creative- use kalire (gold things Punjabi brides wear) and attach them to ribbons and have them descended from the ceiling
- More props like pankhas, embroidered potlis and cushions can totally set the tone for your mehendi!