Every Bride Needs a 1-Month Bridal Checklist. Here's Yours!
BY Sakshi | 20 Nov, 2017 | 2568 views | 4 min read
It's true! Brides need to get a lot more done than the grooms before AND during the wedding. For most of us, the planning and the wedding madness starts as soon as the date (or the groom :P) is finalised, and with so much to do in such less time, we have to learn how to multi-task and get things done! So we decided to make it a lot easier for you with this 1-month bridal checklist that has everything you can possibly imagine! Stick to this and we assure you you'll be all set!
Image via Infinite Memories
With 1 Month To Go
- Start your pre-bridal skin care packages or treatments.
- Start dance practices if you haven't already. Finalise all the songs too.
- Book your Engagement/Wedding/Reception cake.
- Get your bridal trousseau packed and ready.
- Buy all your bridal accessories and add-ons; check if something has been missed.
- Organise all the logistics and transport for out-of-town guests.
- If it is a destination wedding, cross-check all bookings with the vendors/ wedding planner.
With 2 Weeks To Go
- Give all your outfits for steam ironing.
- Get your hair treated- trim, colour, gloss, deep conditioning, hair spa- whatever you need!
- Get your bridal facial now, with enough time in hand for some rashes/zits to disappear.
- Get a body scrub for exfoliation.
- Want to get your face, back or arms bleached? This is the time!
- Start packing for your new home.
- Arrange the vehicle for your vidaai.
- Organise or attend your Bachelorette party!
- Finish packing your honeymoon bags if you leave immediately after the wedding.
With 1 Week To Go
- Separate every outfit with accessories and shoes as per the event and see if all sets are complete.
- Get your brows and upper lip waxed or threaded.
- Get waxed at least five days before the big day so your skin has time to heal.
- Destination wedding? Pack everything well as per this checklist.
- Pamper yourself with a spa day before all the wedding madness descends.
- Ask your best buddy to arrange for all the alcohol that will be secretly needed!
With 3 Days To Go
- Pack your overnight bag if you head straight to a hotel to spend your first night. This checklist has all you need to put in it!
- Reconfirm time with all your vendors.
- Pack an emergency bridal kit, which can come very very handy! Here is a checklist for what all to put in it!
- Get a manicure so your hands and nails are amazing before the Mehendi!
The Night Before the Wedding
- Try and catch a good night's sleep- trust us, you'll need it!
- Avoid eating anything that can make you bloated or gassy.
- Avoid too much of salt and sugar to avoid water retention. Drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Confirm time and venue with the MUA if she's coming to your house/ hotel. Reconfirm things like washing your hair or not and if you need her to bring anything- lashes/ hair extensions/ accessories.
- Confirm the timing with your photographer for the 'getting ready' shots.
- Pack your lehenga and accessories as well as shoes if you are going to a salon to get ready.
- Allocate someone else to do the running around the vendors for you, like say your brother or sister. Make sure they have a good idea of who's who and all the important numbers.
- Wake up calm, take a moment for yourself and have a cup of green tea or warm lemon water.
- Put spoons or an eye mask on your eyes to get rid of any puffiness.
- Exfoliate your lips with a lip scrub or good old sugar and vaseline!
- Carry a front-open top to the makeup salon.
- Ready? Go through this checklist BEFORE you leave the salon!
- Get a nice bridal photoshoot done before you go to the wedding. Fix details of this before-hand with your photog.
- Send a message to your groom telling him how you can't wait to be married for brownie points!
- Get married to the love of your life!