A Colourful Bangalore Wedding With The Bride In A Multi-Hued Silk Saree
BY Aakanksha | 22 Oct, 2019 | 6842 views | 5 min read
Red, green and even blue, we've seen South Indian brides don traditional and offbeat colours both, over the past 1 year. However, Ranjini went for something absolutely different, she wore a saree with all the colours possible, and had some goofy bridal portraits clicked as well! We loved the bright pink of her blouse, and the shades of yellow, pink, orange and even a hint of sky blue. Add to that the candid and intimate photography by Vivek Krishnan photography , and this wedding was just absolutely pin-worthy!
Meet Ranjini & Bhaskar
Bhaskar and I met about 5 years ago in grad school and were attracted to the fact that we both loved one thing most among many others - hiking. And that is exactly how he proposed, on a hidden beach along the Californian coastline, while hiking on a warm Saturday afternoon, with a diamond beauty that he ordered and had a friend bring all the way from India!!
We find peace in that we share a plethora of common interests while we each nurture our individuality and independence.
From The Bride:
Both of us, being from TamBrahm backgrounds, wanted a wedding that reflected us as well as our families - a dash of modern blended with tradition. We had a typical Iyer style wedding complete with Vratham, Nichayathaartham, Kaashi Yatra, Oonjal and Muhurtham, accented with a fun-filled Sangeet ceremony for close family and friends. Our style - DIY!!! We considered wedding planners but believed that planning our wedding would be as memorable as the wedding itself. And so we spent almost a year planning every last detail which was especially challenging since we were coordinating from outside the country. Our families did much of the heavy lifting once we picked our vendors and made us feel at ease by meeting each of them ahead of time.
We designed our own invitations!!! I drew out ornate patterns and Bhaskar and a friend put it together to create a simple yet personal invite.
Sangeet - Star Banquet Hall, Bangalore - A very tastefully designed and accessorized hall for that subtle yet grand look we were going for. It required very little additional decoration above what was already provided, to make it look stunning.
Wedding - MLR Convention Center, Bangalore - Loved the combination of an indoor hall as well as an outdoor lawn space. It was well maintained and the courteous staff made it easy to work with them.
Kulsum Parvez: I loved her variety, from an Indo-western look at my reception to a full fledged Tamil Iyer look for my Muhurtham, she nailed them flawlessly. She took the effort to understand exactly what I wanted for each occasion and was very patient.
Gitu Sarkar (Bridal Artistry) - Gitu gave me a subtle yet elegant look for my engagement just the way I wanted.
Vivek Krishnan Photography: They are an incredibly professional, respectful and talented team of photographers. We found them on Instagram and their work stood out among others. Couldn't have asked for better captures - they've given us pictures for a lifetime!
Melting Flowers: They spent many hours with us patiently discussing details of each event's decor. Competitively priced and immaculate work.
Mehendi by Nazwa: Nazwa is a perfectionist, her every stroke was precise and the final outcome was simply stunning.
1. Reception - Indo Western Gown - Koskii: they've a lovely collection of outfits for all wedding events with a wide variety of colors and fabrics. I felt a personal touch in their service.
2. Sangeet lenhenga - Aloka Fashion Studio: a designer with an eye for unconventional style and color palettes. She has an end-to-end approach - she was there all along, right from shopping for the right material to designing and stitching the outfit. Despite her very busy schedule, she got my green and blue lehenga with a gold dupatta customized and made well in time.
3. Sarees - I was very particular about Ahimsa silk (ethical silk) which is quite challenging to find in many colors. My mom, after much scouting, picked out my sarees from Deepam silks (Jayanagar), Angadi Silks (Jayanagar) and Vibha(Chennai).
1. Sangeet - Kora (Chennai) : They have an excellent Indo-western collection for all occasions.
2. Reception Tux - Suit Supply (California): We found the perfect almost-black-but-blue tux for Bhaskar that was made of a really light and airy bamboo fabric. He accented it with a custom burgundy bow tie and pocket square from Raymond.
Vendors: Venues: Sangeet - Star Banquet Hall, Bangalore, Wedding - MLR Convention Center, Bangalore; Makeup Artist: Kulsum Parvez International Makeup Artist ,Bridal Artistry (Bridal Artistry); Decor: Melting Flowers Photography: Vivek Krishnan photography ; Mehendi Artist: Mehndi by Nazwa ; Bridal Outfits: Sangeet - Aloka Fashion Studio, Reception - Koskii , Sarees - Deepam Silks (Jayanagar), Angadi Silks (Jayanagar) and Vibha(Chennai); Groom's Outfits: Sangeet - Kora , Reception - Suit Supply