The Right Bridal Nosering for Every Face Shape!
BY Sakshi | 06 Apr, 2017 | 49701 views | 5 min read
Image via Cupcake ProductionsBut first, the basics of course... Faces can be broadly divided into six shapes- Round, Oval, Square, Heart, Diamond and Oblong. So first and foremost, figure out your face shape using this simple chart, if you don’t know it already!
Photo Courtesy: thewigworks.wordpress.com
Image via Time ShutterzYou are one of the lucky few who have a face shape on which almost everything looks good since your face is pretty symmetrical! Here is what to keep in mind...
- If you have one of those oval faces which is small, then a very big nath can look pretty overwhelming and hide say your lips or some other features. So pick a size that's medium- not too large.
- An embellished or encrusted chain from the nath to the top of the ear suits brides with an oval face.
- You can really experiment with any nath as long as it isn't too large.
Image via EventuresYour face has more length than breadth. That means that you have to make sure you do not elongate it further with the jewellery. Here is what to keep in mind..
- Do not pick a nath that has more work on the bottom part- that will give the illusion of an even longer face.
- Your best bet is to pick a perfectly round nath, which has work on the centre, not below. A beaded nath with even work all over looks great.
- Picking a nath with a thick chain is also a good idea as the chain going horizontally against a vertically long face can give the illusion of more breadth- making your face look a bit wider than it is.
Image via Aviraj Saluja Wedding PhotographyThis is a tricky face shape, as people with a round face tend to look heavier than they actually are. Wrong jewellery can make a bride with a round face look even chubbier, so here is what to keep in mind when picking a nath...
- Oversized and statement jewellery pieces like a vintage nath look amazing as they can distract from the roundness of the face.
- But make sure you do not pick a nath that is totally and symmetrically round in shape- it will add to the roundness of the face.
- Choose a nath with an angle or embellishment that pokes out in an angle below and not on the side, that will cut down on the roundness of the face and add to the length.
- Avoid naths that have a chain going to the side- they can give the illusion of a wider face. If you do have to get one, get the thinnest chain you can find.
- Half-hoops, similar to a Marathi nosering also look good on this face shape. Make sure whatever nath you get has a bead or a drop hanging at the bottom, which can give the illusion of length to your face.
Square/ Rectangle Face
Image via Makeup By DeepanshiYour jawline and cheekbones are what stand out on your face, and gives it some edge and definition as compared to a round face. That is why your facial jewellery should work on softening those features. Here is what to keep in mind..
- Naths look great on a square face as they are a one-sided accessory and divert attention from the centre of the face, which is what you want.
- A round, oversized nath can look great on your face, but avoid one with an angles to it.
- Make sure your nosering has a thin chain or no chain at all, as you do not want to give your face an illusion of more breadth.
Image via Amrita Verma - U&U Makeup ArtistryYou have a wide forehead and a pointed chin, which are the features that stand out on your face. Here is what to keep in mind.
- Almost every shape of nosering would look great on a heart-shaped face.
- So you should pick a nath that highlights your jawline, since you have a pointed chin. Do not pick something so big that your face looks even smaller.
- Naths with delicate, draped chains would look great on your face shape. So a multi-stand nosering is what we'd recommend!
- Even the big naths which are super thin with one bead look great on this face shape!
Diamond FaceImage via India Trend by Parul Arora Your cheekbones are your standout facial feature, to the envy of others! That is the reason why your jewellery your highlight your best feature! Here is what to keep in mind..
- The aim of your nosering should not be to distract from your cheekbones, since they are your best feature.
- You probably have a sharp nose as well, so make sure not to pick a very big nosering that covers your cheekbones. You can pick something that has work below rather than on the cheek like in the pic above.
- The traditional nathanis which have twisted shape can really suit a diamond face shape. They have a small diameter which makes sure to show off your best feature.
- You can also pick the small nose rings which have a pretty embellished chain, which will highlight your sharp cheekbones.